Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Book Meme

I was tagged by IWU professor, Ken Schenck, for a book meme. This is a new thing for me but it's kind of like a chain letter for blogs. Only there there is no terrible life threatening consequence if you don't follow through with it, I hope. I'm assuming the point is to just get the word about other people's blogs. So I'm supposed to pick up the nearest book, turn to page 123, find the fifth sentence, and post the three sentences after it. So here goes, on my desk is a book called, Islam by Caesar E. Farah. The first two sentences are a quote from the Koran.

"Say, my prayers, my offerings, my life and my death are for God, Lord of the Worlds Who has no partner with Him. This I have been ordered (to believe), and I am the first to submit (unto Him.)"
It is also argued that belief in predestination prevents fortune or misfortune to sway the believer from the "right path."

Okay, now I have to tag five other bloggers. So, Red Rover, Red Rover, send Mark Wilson, Larry Wilson, John Drury, Ryan Budde, and Andy Rowell right over!

There I did it, now I'll have good luck for a long, long time!!

1 comment:

Ryan Budde said...

Mark, I don't know how to tag my blog, so I'm kinda' stuck. Email me with some help. rbudde@croswellwesleyan.com
Thanks.