Okay, now for some real important earth-shattering stuff: Spiderman 3. I'm a big fan of superhero movies and Spiderman has been one of my favorites. I thought I'd write my review of the movie since I finally got a chance to see it yesterday. Bottom line — I liked it. I don't think it was as good a movie as the first two Spidey flicks but it was fun.
1. It did move a little slow at times
2. Kirsten Dunst
3. Kirsten Dunst sings twice
4. Kirsten Dunst
5. Kirsten Dunst
6. The scenes where Peter Parker was showing his dark side and disco dancing on the streets were overdone
7. Kirsten Dunst
8. Maybe too many story line arcs
9. Kirsten Dunst
10. Kirsten Dunst sings twice
1. Visual effects were amazing
2. Venom was cool, I would have liked to see him more though
3. I liked Thomas Haden Church as the Sandman. He simply was good in the part. Some people think that maybe the movie didn't even need the Sandman character as a story line arc but hey, he was there and he was good.
The main thing I liked, and this is probably because I am a Christian, are the themes of forgiveness and redemption in the movie. Harry Osborne forgives Peter in the end and is redeemed by his sacrifice for his friend. The Sandman asks for forgiveness and Peter Parker gives it to him. That scene was very powerful and it was very cool how Tobey Mcguire protrayed the heavy weight of his hatred and unforgiveness being lifted.
Maybe I wouldn't have liked it as much if I wasn't a Christian, I don't know. But it was a good movie to me. I recommend it.
P.S. I've heard some people in online reviews complaining about the butler, Bernard. They wonder where he came from all of a sudden. Go back and watch the first two movies, he was there. He didn't have a large part but he was there, even the same actor.
P.P.S. This probably doesn't come across above but I'm not a big fan of Kirsten Dunst. ;->